In this week’s parsha, Moshe tells the leaders that the one most important thing is to listen, and he told the Israelis to listen to their chosen leaders. So today we will be making sugar cookies in honor of the sweet and kind leaders.
You will need:
- 14 oz. unsalted, softened butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 lg egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
1. Now beat the butter and sugar in an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended then scrape the bowl and add the egg yolks and vanilla extract and keep beating it in the mixer till well blended.
2. Now add half the flour and all of your salt in and mix on low speed until almost fully incorporated. Then add the rest of the flour and mix it for one more minute.
3. Remove the dough from the electric mixer, and knead for a few turns. Refrigerate the dough for one hour if it is too soft to roll.
4. Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line the cookie sheets with parchment paper. And spray with olive oil.
5. Divide the dough into 3 equal pieces and work with one at a time, keeping the others wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerated.
6. Lightly dust a work surface and rolling pin with flour. Roll the dough to about 3/8” thick and cut as desired.
7. Bake the cookies until they are firm and lightly golden brown, about 12 to 15 minutes.
Sarina Ross is a fourth grader at Ben Porat Yosef, and she loves to cook and bake.