Executive chef Hok Chin has helped reinvigorate UN Plaza Grill’s already outstanding menu. One of its new offerings is this amazing signature kosher recipe that is perfect for your Seder table this Passover.
Serves 2-4 people
(Pair this dish with Israel’s Tzora Judean Hills 2016 Red Wine)
1. Marinate 8 chops rack of lamb with 3 cloves of garlic, 1 sliced shallot, pinch of thyme and pinch of rosemary, pinch of ground cumin and a pinch of smoked paprika for about 1 hour.
2. Lightly sprinkle with a pinch kosher salt and freshly crushed black pepper.
3. Coat a roasting pan in olive oil.
4. Pan sear whole rack of lamb on medium heat until light golden color.
5. Finish in oven at 350°F for about 5 minutes.
6. Pour some of the lamb bone jus in a small cup for the garlic confit sauce.
For the garnish:
½ lb. roasted sunchokes
1 piece butternut squash
5-6 pieces pearl onions
10 pieces champignon
1 teaspoon capers with salt and pepper
Garlic Confit Sauce:
1. Slow-cook 10 pieces of garlic with 2 teaspoons olive oil and add 1 quart of roasted lamb bone jus.
2. Stir and cook on medium heat on stovetop for five minutes.
By Chef Hok Chin