Adjust to number of people expected
- 3 regular-size quartered pita breads
- ½ cup unsalted margarine, melted
- 1 t. dry parsley or chervil
- ½ t. dry basil
- ½ t. dry dill
- ½ t. dry chives
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Melt margarine in a frying pan, adding spices and stirring.
3. Place pita quarters on a cookie sheet. Brush herbed margarine on each pita piece. Bake in 350 degree F. oven 13 minutes.
Sybil Kaplan is a journalist, author, compiler/editor of nine kosher cookbooks (working on a 10th) and food writer for North American Jewish publications, who lives in Jerusalem.