This delicious recipe is reproduced from the new cookbook Something Sweet, by Miriam Pascal, with permission from the copyright holders, ArtScroll/Mesorah Publications. The book is available for pre-order now on Amazon and Artscroll.com.
¾ cup dark corn syrup
¾ cup creamy peanut butter
¾ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup chocolate chips
1 ready-made graham cracker crust, preferably chocolate
chopped peanuts, optional, for garnish
chocolate sauce, optional, for garnish
whipped cream, optional, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together corn syrup, peanut butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Add peanuts and chocolate chips; stir until evenly distributed.
4. Pour mixture into graham cracker crust.
5. Bake for 45 minutes. Filling may be slightly soft in the center, but it will firm up as it cools.
6. Serve at room temperature. Garnish with chopped peanuts, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream, if desired.
Note: You might think this would be even more delicious when served warm, but trust me—it’s best served at room temperature, when you’ll get the optimal texture and maximum flavor. This dessert is very rich, so don’t be tempted to cut big slices.
By Miriam Pascal, OvertimeCook.com