(Courtesy of Gluten-Free Easy) It’s that time of year when many people enjoy sharing their love of baking, but gluten-free eaters can feel left out. Thankfully today there are many gluten-free products available to elevate the holiday experience. And, whether it’s Chanukah or a special occasion, we’ve got some hacks to help you navigate gluten-free baking.
For baking with pastry puffs, pita or pizza, check out new Gluten-Free Easy—and you will do your happy dance in the freezer aisle! That’s because this new frozen pastry is making the gluten-free lifestyle easier and more delicious than ever.
These doughs are ready to thaw, fill and bake whenever the craving for fresh-baked meals and desserts strikes. Go sweet or go savory—the sky’s the limit. Think of it as a tasty canvas for homemade creations everyone can enjoy for the high holidays and beyond. And best of all, these gourmet doughs go from freezer to fantastic in no time.
So, Gluten-Free Easy offers up these sweet and savory recipes to delight your family and guests. And best of all, they probably won’t know they are gluten-free at all.
Gluten-Free Puff Pastry Nutella Dreidel Recipe
- 1 package Gluten-Free Easy Puff Pastry Sheet, thawed according to package directions
- 1/2 cup Nutella or any preferred chocolate spread, softened in the microwave for 30 seconds at 10-second intervals
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca or cornstarch, for dusting
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1-3 tsp milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly dust your work surface with tapioca or cornstarch and roll out the puff pastry sheet to make it slightly thinner.
- Mix the softened Nutella with coconut oil and spread evenly over the entire surface of the puff pastry.
- Cut out dreidel shapes using a cookie cutter until the whole sheet is cut out.
- Place the pastries on your parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18 minutes until puffy and golden, and set aside to cool.
- Make the powdered sugar glaze by mixing the sugar and milk together.
- Place the glaze in a small Ziplock or piping bag and snip a small piece off the end.
- When the pastries are cool, pipe a nice zig zag pattern over the dreidels.
- Serve warm, and enjoy.