Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 30 min
Ready Time: 45 min
8 – 10 servings
9-10 medium carrots peeled and cut into slices (about 1 pound)
4 sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (about 2 pounds)
½ cup raisins
1/2 cup diced dried pears
1 cup dried apricots
2 tablespoons: white vinegar
1 cup orange juice
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, and add sweet potatoes and carrots until just beginning to get tender (but not yet tender), about 10-15 minutes. Drain well.
3. Add to a large mixing bowl with all remaining ingredients, and mix well with a wooden spoon.
4. The carrots and potatoes should not be too soft to avoid turning into a mash.
5. Cover with foil, and bake approximately 30 min, basting with pan juices midway.
6. Uncover foil and broil for 5 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.
7. Warmed over leftovers of this dish are delicious.
8. Serves 8 to 10