July 22, 2024
Search
Close this search box.
Search
Close this search box.
July 22, 2024
Search
Close this search box.

Linking Northern and Central NJ, Bronx, Manhattan, Westchester and CT

What Is Community Solar?

Free to Join

(Courtesy of Community Solar) There are not any extra costs associated with community solar. When you subscribe to community solar you get credits on your utility bill for the energy your panels produce and then you pay for that energy, and here’s where the savings come in at a discounted rate.

Anyone Can Qualify

It is a solar project that anyone can gain access to, no matter whether you rent, own or have the right roof. Community solar is a way to tap into solar energy and savings without having anything on your roof. “Community solar refers to local solar facilities shared by multiple community subscribers who receive credit on their electric bills for their share of the power produced.”

Nothing to Install

You don’t need a big, sunny house adorned with glossy panels to have solar energy for your household.

For the majority of Americans, community solar is the winning choice because only about 34% of Americans have the ability to put solar panels on their roofs. The other 66% of us, including renters and condo-owners, can easily and inexpensively sign onto a local community solar program.

It’s almost as if the panels were up on your own roof, except for the fact that you don’t have to worry about any installation or ongoing maintenance; that means no costs for hardware or installation.

Sign Up in Just Five Minutes

It’s the easiest way to benefit from solar energy; we just need a utility bill or your login info to your electric account with your payment information on file.

Save Up to 10% on Your Electric Bill

You’ll see annual savings of around 10%, year after year. The farm produces electricity that is sent to your local power grid, and you receive credits from the electricity generated on your monthly utility bill by signing up for the project. Solar power is less expensive than other electricity being sent to the grid, and those savings are passed to you. The result is a lower utility bill for you and more local solar for your community.

No ESCO or Service Changes

Your relationship with your ESCO remains the same. The credits applied to your bill through your participation in a community solar program simply offset the electricity costs that appear on your electric bill. Also your current electric service will not be interrupted and you will still receive your electricity from the electric company, as you do now.

Cancel Any Time

You won’t see any extra costs associated with community solar, not when you switch, and not further down the line. Community solar developers more and more are leaving behind cancellation fees, and community solar customers are free to cancel any time.

Leave a Comment

Most Popular Articles