In this week’s parsha, Bnei Yisrael make a golden calf because Moshe wasn’t coming down from Har Sinai in time and they got very impatient. Moshe was so upset when he saw this, he cracked the luchot in half. So this week, we will make a delicious steak—even though it’s not gold.
- A good cut of strip steak
- Olive oil and sesame oil
- Seasonings and spices
1. Take a Ziploc bag and put the steak in it with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, Montana steak seasoning and slices of onion.
2. Let the bag sit in the fridge for at least an hour.
3. Remove from the fridge and let sit for 30 minutes.
4. Heat a pan with a little sesame oil and barbecue sauce, put in the steak and sear for 3-5 minutes on both sides.
5. Let rest, then slice and enjoy!
Sarina Ross is a fourth grader at Ben Porat Yosef. She loves to cook and bake.