“Originality is the essence of true scholarship. Creativity is the soul of the true scholar.”
Entering college is a crucial step into adult life. New places, new people, and, of course, a lot of new challenges and responsibilities. Applying to a college is a very important process that requires rigorous preparation and attention. Many students start planning the admission procedure, a year or even two before graduation from school. The choice of your future educational institution is crucial, and there are a lot of factors to consider before selecting the best one for yourself. Besides, if you are planning to apply for a scholarship, it’s essential to start looking for opportunities right now to prepare everything properly.
Due to the cruel war in Israel, Jewish students have a hard time without a proper studying process and the possibility of continuing education in their native country. However, a lot of countries provide a lot of support to Jewish people and provide them with various scholarships to apply for. In this comprehensive guide, we will talk in detail about how to apply for such financial aid and increase your chances of obtaining it.
What Aspects to Consider When Choosing a College
Besides the search for possible scholarships, it’s important to look for the colleges that are the most suitable considering your academic, career, and personal goals. Below, you can learn more about core factors to think about when selecting your future college:
- Choice of Academic Programs
Make sure that the college has the faculties and academic programs that you would like to study. Read the study plan to make sure it will be interesting to you.
- Check College Accreditation
The important aspect to consider is college accreditation. The educational institution should have it to meet specific academic standards.
It depends on you what your desire is: to enter the college close to your home or go further away to discover new places. However, don’t forget to check the transportation near the campus, as it should be convenient enough to travel to different places.
- Cost of Studying and Availability of Financial Aid
It’s important to plan your finances wisely, so the cost of education is a very huge factor to consider. Discuss the possible budget with your parents and select colleges accordingly. In addition, visit the Financial Aid page to check what scholarships are available here.
- Campus Culture and Extracurricular Activities
No college can be imagined without meeting new friends and joining some communities or activity clubs. Check in advance if the institution offers enough activities to choose from and if they could be interesting for you.
It’s just a few aspects to consider when choosing the college of your dreams. Every student is unique and has special requirements. So, it’s completely up to you what factors to pay attention to and what college to choose in the end.
General Steps to Apply for a Scholarship
Before applying for the scholarship, you should learn more about the possible ways to find financial aid. Look only for trusted and credible sources that provide only actual information.
Where to Look for Scholarships
The first and most important step for students is to find as many suitable scholarships as possible. The more you apply, the more chances you will have to win. Start the search process as early as possible to have more options to consider. The most popular and effective way to look for scholarships is online search. There are various options to investigate available financial aid. The easiest one is to visit the websites of the colleges you like and find the information here or to contact the admission office to get more clear instructions. Another way is to look for special organizations that are responsible for collecting all the possible scholarships around the world. Usually, such websites have the possibility to filter the results considering your nationality, age, country, academic results, and other factors. One more option to consider is seeking help from educational agencies who help to search and apply to college and assist with applying for scholarships. However, such a way could be quite expensive.
Step-by-step Guide for Jewish Students to Apply for a Scholarship
So, now it’s time to delve deeper into the application process and learn more about all the possible intricacies and pitfalls. Here is a step-by-step guide you can follow when applying for financial aid:
- Get Acquainted with the Requirements
All scholarships have specific requirements that should be met. Usually, it can involve outstanding academic achievements, nationality, age, particular faculties, family status, type of college, etc. Of course, there are scholarships “for everyone,” but it’s better to look for ones that have some requirements you fit in as it will increase your chances.
- Consider the Size of a Scholarship and Deadlines
Choose the scholarships that can help you to cover a part of your tuition fees significantly. Besides, pay attention to deadlines as a lot of offers have a limited time to apply.
- Study the Required Documents Attentively
Scholarship application is a very responsible process, so you should be extremely attentive and careful. Generally, most scholarship providers require the following list of documents:
- Application form. It’s a standard form where you should indicate your data and information about your educational background
- Academic transcripts. Include your school transcripts from the last 3 years and also all the certificates that can show your achievements.
- Resume or CV. Prepare a qualitative CV that will include information about your educational background, different activity clubs, work experience (if you have one), your skills, and personal contact information.
- Letters of Recommendation. Ask your teachers, tutors, coaches, or employers to write a letter about your character and qualifications. Usually, 2 letters are required.
- Essay or Personal Statement. It is one of the most important documents to consider. An essay is your opportunity to tell more about yourself, your goals, dreams, and experiences that have had a huge impact on your life. Sometimes, colleges can ask you to write about a specific topic to check your analytical and writing skills or just to write why they should award you with a scholarship. If you are not sure that you can cope successfully with this task, you can apply to the “writing essay scholarships” service that will complete this paper for you and increase your chances of winning.
- Proof of Enrollment. You should include a letter that you have been enrolled in a college or university.
- Personal Identity Documents. These are standard documents such as your ID card, photo, and other government-issued papers.
- Proof of Income. For some need-based scholarships, it’s required to provide proof of income for your family to show that you need financial aid.
- Just Apply!
When all the documents are collected and the necessary forms are filed, it’s time to apply. In general, colleges offer to do it by using a personal cabinet where you can upload all the documents and then monitor the progress. Or you can send a letter to a special department that works with scholarships and attach your papers there. After that, you should wait some time for a response and further instructions.
Remember to treat the college and scholarship choice carefully, as it can significantly influence your future. Start in advance, check documents carefully, and you will achieve success!